Peractive® - The multi-active, economical and environmentally friendly bleaching activator
Peractive® based on tetraacetyl ethylene diamine (TAED) is an activator for hydrogen peroxide releasing bleaching agents. It enables bleaching activity at temperatures as low as 30°C. The benefits and applications of Peractive® containing bleaching systems are summarised below.
Benefits and applications of Peractive® containing bleaching systems:
Peractive® has to be used in combination with hydrogen peroxide releasing bleaching agents. These Peractive® containing bleaching systems:
- deliver highly reactive peracetic acid in the washing liquor even at temperatures of 20°C
- give a visible improvement in bleaching activity at temperatures as low as 30°C
- save energy and costs since the same bleaching result is obtained at lower temperatures
- have efficiency advantages in terms of weight and volume of the bleaching system
- are gentle to colours and fibres
- destroy bacteria and germs and give a hygienically clean wash even at low temperatures
- destroy unpleasant odours adhering to the laundry even at low temperatures
- can be used in heavy duty powder detergents, bleach boosters, soaking agents, automatic dishwashing detergents, anhydrous heavy duty liquid detergents, denture cleaners, disinfectant cleaners, hard surface cleaners and for textile bleaching and paper bleaching.
does not require classification and labelling as hazardous according to CLP / GHS because it can be produced without the formation of by-products and is easily biodegradable
(according to OECD 311 and 301 test methods).
Since Peractive® in combination with hydrogen peroxide releasing bleaching agents is highly reactive it has to be stabilised by appropriate granulation/coating. Various types of Peractive® granules are available, optimised for the relevant field of application. Peractive® is compatible with other detergent ingredients such as layered silicates, enzymes and optical brighteners.